Sunday, January 27, 2008

Disappointed

I grew up in a really small town where everyone knows everyone. I'm a true Aquarius, a free spirit who marches to my own beat, so to speak. I had a friend, we will call him K, who was 6 years older than me. We were in the same circles in our late teens and we clicked as friends, but our parents read more into the relationship and really discouraged it because he was older, and I was too wild, according to his mother. Well we remained friends anyway and that was the extent of it despite our parents fear of us hooking up. I don't know why mine even bothered worrying about me because I was going to do what I was going to do anyway, but this one guy really got under their skin. I lost touch with him when I moved out of the state 12 years ago and our paths haven't crossed. This morning, I logged onto Topix for my hometown because I was bored, and I'll be damned if he didn't get arrested for running a freaking meth lab. I'm just really disappointed because he was better than that. He definitely contributed to my delinquency when I was a minor, but that was the worst thing the guy did. He wasn't into drugs or any of the other crazy crap a lot of other young guys were into. We hung out at some of the same bars in our early adulthood and if I was getting unwanted attention from a guy, he was quick to come bail me out. He actually got into kind of big-brother mode at times which was cute. I really hope that he can shake this meth stuff. Isn't it sort of ironic that his mom thought that I was bad news? I was wild but I had high standards and wouldn't get involved with the skanky drugs, and meth is very skanky.

No comments: