Monday, January 28, 2008

Old People with Something to Prove

Moggie goes to preschool on Mondays, so I made plans to go to a home decor store about 25 miles from here with my free time this morning. I forgot my cellphone at home so I had to come back after carpool to get it in case anyone needed to get in touch with me. As I was heading back to my house, there was a car in front of me on a back road doing it's thing. As I got closer to the car, the driver all of a sudden slowed down to the posted speed limit of 35 and remained at that speed for an entire mile. Then she came to a complete stop to do a right turn into a turn lane. After I got my cellphone out of a jacket I wore last week (yes, my cell has been MIA since Friday) I picked up a message from Moggie's preschool telling me that she puked and needed to be picked up. Back I go to preschool, and once again I get behind another old person with something to prove. This guy, amazingly enough, slowed down to exactly 35 MPH. I could see him grumping and watching me in his mirror. I was like, whatever, I have no where to be, pops. But you could see in his face that he was putting me in my place. I wasn't close enough to be tailgating and I was listening to Blue Collar Comedy on Sirius so I was smiling and not grumping about being behind a slow geezer, so I don't know what his issue was. It's like there's a group of senior citizen drivers with a mission to show us younger people the rules of the road. They have nowhere to be and have lost touch with the concept of moving with a purpose. I could have laid into my Hemi and blown them off the road but I was in no hurry to go get Miss Puke-a-lot. I don't do well with vomit and I was hoping she would have it all out of her by the time that I got there.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Slow drivers suck. Whenever I'm in a rush I manage to get stuck behind some 90 year old geezer in the fast lane!!!