Friday, October 5, 2007

Adventures in Domesticity

I'm little Suzy Homemaker today! I have shampooed Fidel's office carpet and our breakfast area rug, shopped at Target for cat food, toilet paper and Pine Sol, Costco for groceries and I've prepared a delicious gourmet dinner. Well, prepared may be a stretch but I did buy some ready-to-cook stuffed salmon and a clamshell of salad for dinner.

I went to Costco after I picked up Moggie. She loves the refrigerated produce room there, but the highlight of today's trip was her ride on the Fisher Price Smart Cycle. That is actually a cool video game thing and I'm going to discuss it with Santa. That should keep her in her playroom some and that a gift for Mom and Dad! She begged me to stay there and play while I shopped for groceries but I didn't think that was a great idea. My neighbor would have totally let her kid stay there and play. He is 5 1/2 and about 2 years ago she dropped him off in Wal-Mart's toy department while she shopped. She was peeved when she got called to Customer Service to fetch him. Can you believe that? I don't let my kids go to the next aisle without me and she's dropping him off in the toy department to go shopping. I pray that they relocate for a job transfer or something because that whole family is strange. She's eastern European and the first time Fidel met her and the kid was Halloween of last year because we had just moved in. I was inside and Fidel was handing out candy and he is pretty friendly and was joking around with the trick or treaters. She walks up the steps and the kid says, "Trick or Treat", and was dressed as a vampire. She introduced herself so Fidel was talking back to her in the Dracula voice and told the kid he was doing a great job with the accent, and it turns out that's their real accent. I laughed about that one for a long time.

Oh, I was able to resist the temptation of the wine yesterday until 8:30. I ended up drinking 3 glasses as I watched The Office and ER and then I mauled Fidel.

1 comment:

ErIn said...

It's Friday and after 5! Drink up woman! Off to have myself a nice cold Corona!