Monday, October 22, 2007

Weekend Roundup

I made it back from my trip to visit my family in one piece, if a bit tired. It was a fun visit, but too short. I ended up letting my girls spend the night with my dad and stepmom and I spent the night with my mother. We ended up dragging out the booze to watch Joe Dirt and SNL. It was actually a lot of fun.

My dad pointed out that I had a missing lug nut on the VOS and slick tires, so I took it in today for the overdue service and ended up leaving with a new set of tires. While they were changing tires I went to the lot to research new cars since my lease is up in the spring and since it was rainy and boring, the salesguy ended up talking me into driving down to Fidel's office to show him what I liked. Fidel liked it to and told me to buy it if I liked it so we are running numbers to see what happens. He's adamant about not going negative and I agree with him there. I'm ready to ditch the VOS but it's not like I am dying for a new car or anything so if I have to go negative I'll wait until spring and walk in there and throw them the keys.

Back to the evening with my mom, when she got really deep into the cocktails, she told me I should do her diet that she lost 50 lbs on. Of course it wouldn't be a visit with my mom without some mention of my fat ass, right! She said she cut out carbs and ate pork skins and diet Mountain Dew. She says that the DMD made the pork skins swell up and she felt as full as a tick. I was drunk and I told her I'd try it so if I start sounding extra crazy on here just know that I'm not getting any nourishment outside of hog fat and Mountain Dew chemicals. Her explanation of this diet was hilarious. She was trying to say the spanish name for pork skins, like I didn't know what pork skins were and the spanish word would enlighten me or something. There's nothing like a drunk southern woman trying to say something in a language they don't speak. Really it's hard enough to understand us when we are drunk and speaking English. Reminds me of the time I was in Waikiki speaking Japanese to some tourists. My accent is horrible and gets worse when I drink and I only have 2 years of Japanese in me. There was lots of laughing so at least I was entertaining.

That's about all the excitement for the day. Car shopping, cleaning up after a weekend of being away, wasting time on the internet. Hope you have a nice Monday!

No comments: