Thursday, October 4, 2007

Spooky Tree



Since you asked...

I found this tree in our woods so yesterday I got a saw from Fidel's workroom in the basement and I sawed this limb off. I then spray painted it black (or mostly black, until the can of paint ran out and then I just gave up), stuck it in a flower pot of dead strawberries, and then stole rocks from the lot next door to prop it up. Then when Tootie got home from school we added lights (candy corn colored) and fake spiderwebs.

It doesn't look spectacular at the moment but I'm waiting until I'm kidless tomorrow morning so I can hit a few stores to find something to hang. I'd like some skeleton parts or bats, depends on what I find. I'm also going to get some burlap to wrap the pot and mask the rocks. I'll take another picture when I'm done but for now you can get the basic idea. My kids absolutely love the tree. They were hanging out on the front porch all night last night.

3 comments:

K said...

LOVE IT! Now I want a spooky tree too! Where's my saw?

Jennifer said...

Thanks! The girls really liked making it and it does look good at night. It was pretty easy and my saw was pathetic.

I want to do something similar for Christmas in my urns. I've seen this "ice crystal" stuff that's used as a vase filler but you can actually use the spray glue on branches and have iced branches. I think some straight branches/twigs would look pretty good iced up and standing upright in the urns with clear lights on them.

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU!!! I appreciate the photo, it gives a nice visual. I am going to try it, as well.
L.