Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Today, A Very Special Franklin

I have horrible hearing but sometimes it leads to pure comedy. Moggie and I are sitting here watching Franklin and I hear his dad say, "Just tell them you are a fellatist" and my jaw dropped. I have pretty good gaydar and it's never told me anything about Franklin and even if it had I don't think it's appropriate for a young turtle to be a fellatist, anyway.

See, this is where being undereducated and hard of hearing leads to pure comedy. The dad was actually telling Franklin he was a philatest, which is a nice fancy word for stamp collector, not underaged wiener licker. But you can see how I was confused, right? I'm so warped and pleased with myself for mishearing (inventing) a brand new word, I have to work it into conversation somehow. Picture me at a business cocktail party with my husband, too deep in the vodka with my hand outstretched saying, Hi, Jennifer, fellatist. Yeah, he never takes me anywhere due to that kind of behavior.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious! I hear things the same...... :)
L.

Unknown said...

OMG, that is too funny! You're obviously a total perv for even thinking of such a thing when Franklin is on. Of all shows.