Friday, October 12, 2007

The Present is Painted


I went to a pottery-painting place this morning with my best friend, Les. I painted a platter for Fidel for his birthday and she painted a "Go Dawgs" platter. I love her despite that whole dawg thing.

I printed the Fidel text pictured and painted it in green across a plain white square platter. I then free-handed an artsy silhouette of a Big Green Egg behind it, in black. It turned out really nice, I can't wait to see it after it's fired. I'll be sure to take a picture.

Les and I had fun and we have decided to paint often. It was relaxing. Once again, it's one of those things that would be much more fun with adult beverages. It was fun with a latte, would be extra fun with wine. Maybe we can do a girls night out and BYOB. If you haven't tried painting pottery, go give it a whirl.

I'm about to go get in a luxurious Friday afternoon nap since Moggie just crashed out. I can sleep for 2 hours then I will pick Tootie up from the bus stop and drive both of them to Chick Fil A to play as a treat. Hope you have a great Friday and a nice weekend!