Friday, October 19, 2007

Viva Fidel


I picked up the platter from the studio today! I like the way it turned out, hopefully Fidel will like it, too. I wish I had done a border in dots but it's too late now. That's a big green egg interpretation in the middle behind the text if you are wondering. Les painted with me and she wasn't so sure about adding the egg but it worked. She always doubts me.

I have been doing birthday crap for Fidel and my grandfather all morning. I emailed Fidel to ask him to let me know if he's coming home early so I can make sure all of the presents are wrapped and hidden, and he asked me if I needed time to get my boyfriend out of the house. He's also been buying himself crap and putting kinks into my planned gifts. He does that every year and at Christmas. He's difficult at times.

Back to the painting studio... They have a help wanted sign for weekends and I'm really thinking about asking for the job. They do birthday parties on the weekends and I'm actually pretty good with children and I'm crafty and bored as shit so a little job sounds like fun. Plus I can shop with my money and not have to hide the bags or sneak stuff in a little at a time. I'm going to wait until Monday to ask because a lot of times I have these great ideas that end up being dumb ideas within a few days.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't see the egg.......
I thought it was a cupcake.

Jennifer said...

You must make some tall cupcakes!

It's a cooker, not an actual chicken-ass product. It's flat on the bottom.

Anonymous said...

Looks cute, but it looks like a frapacino to me (sigh - sounds so good right now)