Saturday, October 13, 2007

I Love Being a Mom

I know I gripe about my kids a lot, but let me tell you that I love being a mom. Do you ever have those brief moments that make you sit back, sigh, and think "Life is Good"? Well this afternoon I was sitting in the family room and Fidel and I had been watching a Care Bear movie alone since the girls were occupied trying to poke each others eyes out or something. I turned the DVD off after I sang Fidel a rousing rendition of "Here in Care-a-lot" and ended up on the Fine Living channel. Martha Stewart's Halloween came on (and I think I'm drunk now, I spelled that mathra before I corrected it) and Tootie ran in and cuddled up with me to watch Martha. How cool is that? I try to be a free spirit and not make the girls into mini-mes but I still think it's so cool when one of them gets really involved in something that interests me. There's nothing better than having a good time with your kids and I find that the older the girls get, the more they want to actually DO things with me. Tomorrow we are cutting bats out of this thick craft paper to suspend from our front porch ceiling. If exterior painting interests you, be sure to check in here the first week of November because Fidel will surely have my ass out there painting over the holes I've poked into the beadboard ceiling. That's assuming I take the bats down before Christmas decorations go up.

No comments: