Thursday, October 18, 2007

Boo!

Does your neighorhood "Boo" in October? Ours does and it's pretty fun. I haven't been Boo-ed yet this year though. I'm going to the mall today and I'm planning to pick up my Boo-ing goodies so I'll be ready. I guess I should get something I like in case no one Boos me. In my friend Chrissy's neighborhood, they don't Boo, they Boo-ze. You drop off wine or cocktail stuff, whatever your Boo-ee drinks. Doesn't that sound fun?

If you have never heard of this, here's how it works. You get a package on your doorstep with some goodies and the poem below, along with a Boo sign. Our sign is just a ghost but if you start this you can do anything you like. You then make 2 goody bags and 2 sets of instructions and go Boo 2 houses. When you are Boo-ed you tape the sign on your door. It's fun seeing the signs on your neighbors doors.


The air is cool
the season fall
Soon Halloween will come to all

Ghosts and goblins, spooks galore
Tricky witches at your door.
The spooks are after things to do,
In fact a spook brought this to you !!!

The treats that came with this short note,
Are yours to keep ,enjoy them both .

The excitement comes when friends like you ,
Will copy it & make it two

We'll all have smiles upon our faces,
No one will know who "BOO"ed whoses places !!

Just two short days to work your spell,
Keep it secret ,hide it well.

Please join the fun, the seasons here .
Just spread these "BOO's" & Halloween cheer .


Include a sheet of paper that says:

You have been BOOED! Please keep it going by following these directions:

Enjoy your treat
Place the BOO sign on your front door or visible in a window
Within 2 days, make 2 copies of this note, make 2 treats & 2 BOO signs
Secretly deliver to 2 neighbors/friends without a BOO .
Keep an eye on nearby front doors to see how far and fast it spreads by Halloween

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny! I live in Georgia too and have never heard of this!

It would be fun!

Pamm said...

That sounds like so much fun!!! Wish I lived in your neighborhood. Mine is very rural and full of farmers who have no sense of fun let alone imagination.
Maybe I will try it anyway.
I love reading your crap, so much more interesting than my own pile...

Katie said...

I think that sounds so fun!! I want to do it. What type of ghost thing do you use? Is it just a paper cut out type of thing???