Saturday, October 20, 2007

Too Picky

I'm not a hard person to please most of the time, but when it comes to my house I am very picky. I was reading a post over at Ashley's Closet, and the comments started referencing housekeepers and then I looked around at my messy house and turned a nice shade of jealous green even though not having a housekeeper is completely my fault. I never found one that didn't turn my hardwoods cloudy or that managed to get the little "funk spot" behind the sink faucets clean. I figured I could half-ass clean my house for free and not have to go out for 4-6 hours while the cleaners were here. Moggie is 3 1/2 and I was in the hospital, in labor, when I fired my last cleaners and haven't had anyone since. I can't say my house looks any worse than it would if I had cleaners. The worst part for me is the clutter and you have to pick that crap up before cleaners come anyway. Once I've done that the rest of the cleaning is easy. I never have to run home "because the cleaners are coming tomorrow" or anything.

Moving on, I'm going away this morning and won't be back until tomorrow evening. It's my grandfather's birthday so the girls and I are going over to spend the afternoon with him. Hopefully I'll have a funny story to share because my dad is hilarious and always does something funny. One time, he bought an emu for $16 and we had to go load that thing up in a livestock trailer. I was smart enough to take the video camera and that's the funniest video. If I wasn't laughing like a hyena in it I would submit it to AFV but I'm laughing and screeching the whole time.

Hope you all have a nice weekend. Remember to save your condiment packets for the uncostumed teenage trick or treaters. Use that as an excuse to order chinese tonight so you don't have to cook.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

condiment packets... you mean bitch!! LOL