Thursday, October 11, 2007

The Summer of My Discontent

This spring, Fidel's business underwent major growth, but with growth comes more bills and so we have been really conservative with money this entire summer. Fidel gets used to this but it's killing me. I like to shop. I also like to go on vacation and we didn't even take a weekend trip this year. I really think that I'm more high-strung when I don't get a vacation fix. Our anniversary is in January so if he loves me he will find someone to take care of our children and dogs and cats and turtle so that he can take me somewhere halfway spectacular and drop me off at the spa while he goes golfing. And I'm not talking a spa where they serve cranberry juice and steamed salmon medallions for lunch. I want a spa where they mix champagne and orange juice for breakfast and graduate to straight champagne for lunch. Every time I sit in the pedicure chair I think how much better life would be if champagne was served as I'm getting my feet scrubbed. I told Fidel that I would like a boozing nail place and he suggested that a topless nail place would go over much better. I have boobs of my own to look at dude, I don't need nipple contact as I'm getting my calves massaged. Besides, I get the heebie-jeebies enough seeing the ladies come in with the big old curling-under gross ass toenails. This one time I was sitting there having a mini-panic attack because this lady's toenails were so freaking scary. I was ready to flee, barefoot and covered in scrubbing salt. Instead I took a deep breath and shoved my magazine in front of my face so that I couldn't see them use the horse hoof trimmers I know they had to use to cut through those bad boys.

Anyway, I'm dying to go somewhere. I'd even be happy to go to Dollywood. I'd prefer to go to Charleston and drop the kids off with my family. Normally I wouldn't consider such an idea but I am desperate. Besides, they have kept my nephew alive for a few months now since my skankbag sister doesn't take care of him. I normally choose caregivers using factors like interaction, positive influence, healthy meals, etc., but at this point I'd just be happy to settle for them keeping the kids alive for 3 days. Mommy's desperate. Keep them alive, don't call me unless they are bleeding. On second thought, you have the same blood type so just give them some of your blood.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Make Fidel take you to Dollywood next week!!!!! I'm gonna be there next week and Cinn and I are meeting there Friday!!!!! Screw budgeting!!! We are talking about spending quality time with your HGs here dammit!

. said...

Now I feel guilty :P













Ok... I'm over it ;)

Jennifer said...

Well I did cruise in May so don't cry a river for me!!

Kelly, I would love to, but I'm not even spending that weekend with Fidel and it's his birthday. :( I'm going to SC to spend the weekend with my grandfather who's turning 85 and Fidel is staying home to do some crap he has had planned for a few months.

Anonymous said...

Whatever. Your priorities are so out of whack. ;) There'll be other times, I'll probably catch a ride with the inlaws whenever they go to visit the crackhead in jail!

. said...

And we will cruise in May again!! (that if if I don't get knocked up soon and the airlines won't let me fly)


Next time you go to get a pedi, BYOB! I'm sure they won't mind :)

ErIn said...

LMAO Laura, I can just see Jenn waltzing in there with a bottle of wine and some wine glasses! I, on the other hand, am one deprived soul and have never had a pedi.

. said...

She is actually one of the few people that I could picture doing this! :P

You, my dear, need to go get a pedi! Missing out big time!

Jennifer said...

Erin, come to Atlanta and your pedi is my treat!

And you guys are so wrong about me. I go while Moggie is in preschool and you know I'm too much of a lady to drink before 2. :)

Queen In My House of Blue said...

You girls are seriously craking me up!! I want us all to have a huge Pedi day..drink and all!