Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Nap Sensors

I'm a big fan of naps. I like to lay on my couch with the soothing sounds of Noggin in the background, as the gentle winds from the ceiling fan blow. I have a special nap blanket and a special nap buddy, my chihuahua Rusty. He's almost 11 years old and nothing that wasn't born from an egg can make him happier than seeing me horizontal with the nap blanket pulled over me. His one good eye just lights up as he dives under the blanket to cuddle on my belly. See how blissful I get about naps?

Well I have a couple of friends that have built-in nap sensors. The minute I drift off they will call and wake everyone. Never mind that I spent an hour chasing Moggie around in our yard to tire her out so that she would nap. It really drives me nuts because I don't hide the fact that I nap. I tell them, "Moggie and I nap between the hours of 1 and 3" but yet they still call. For nothing. Because they are in their cars and are bored. I promise you that I'm not that entertaining to talk to when I'm woken from a nap so I don't know why they can't take the hint. I just turn the ringer off now and hope that no one needs to get in touch with me.

Do you wonder why I'm telling you all this? It's almost 1, we have all had lunch, and Moggie is laying down in Fidel's recliner humming her sleepytime song. It's time to turn off the ringer and pull the nap blanket out. Somewhere, my friends are finishing up their errands/workouts/tennis lessons/whatever they do and digging out the cellphone to keep them company in the car. I think they need to invest in some good CDs or audiobooks.

No comments: