Monday, October 8, 2007

THIS is Why I Love Fidel


This is what we had for dinner on Saturday night. How delicious does that look? He also roasted asparagus on the grill and I made garlic mashed potatoes. This man is a genius on his Big Green Egg. And before you judge, I do own beautiful platters for presentation but Fidel is just oblivious to the entire concept of presentation. He's excused because he's handsome.

I think Tootie ate her body weight in beef but picky Moggie wouldn't taste it. Now that I think about it, she hasn't had a bite of beef her entire life. She only eats chicken. More for me!

I do make fun of Fidel for taking pictures of his food and being a total dork about bbq but obviously I do reap some good benefits for his hobby. I'm normally not happy to be his errand girl but he sent me to the meat market last week to get this roast and I hopped in the VOS without so much as an eyeroll. I hauled home 60 lbs of pork roasts and this beautiful rib roast, nevermind that I hate raw meat smell.

In other news, I got the emissions test done on the VOS. She's still shameful but environmentally friendly for another year. After that was done, I went to Wal-Mart to get Denorex for lice and chicken nuggets for Moggie, and forgot both of them. I got distracted by the Halloween stuff and then I started doing research on Christmas toys. I had my first Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks. No-fat, no whip and it was still tasty. If they could make it sugar free we'd be in business. I almost bought some Alli while I was in Wal-Mart but I ate like 6 vanilla sandwich cookies last night and I haven't been to WW in 3 weeks so I figure I need to make more of a commitment before I spend money on Alli. Fidel would call that being financially responsible, which is something he's big on. I almost felt him patting me on the back as I steered my cart past the Alli display.

2 comments:

ErIn said...

What's for dinner tonight and can I come....only about a 5hr drive up 75!

Jennifer said...

Tonight is grilled chicken over salad, nothing as tasty as that roast!