Friday, October 26, 2007

Guess I Have to Tell Him

About 6 weeks ago, I started shopping for fabric and window treatment patterns with my friend, Donna. I didn't tell Fidel. Now that the drapes are ready, I realize I haven't thought this thing through completely. I normally just sneak my bags in and stash them under the downstairs bath vanity until I can slowly incorporate new items into the house without him noticing. If he does notice something, I'm like, "That? We have had that forever, I found it in a box" or something like that, accompanied by a facial expression that makes him think he's crazy, or that I'm crazy and he maybe should just let things be. Either way, Donna's wanting to deliver these drapes to me and I can't really just give him the old standard of a crazy look and "Oh those have been there for years' now can I? Sometimes I just don't think my schemes all the way through. We are both drinking now so we will definitely end up naked in the hot tub tonight so I think I can just break it to him then. "Oh Fidel, doesn't this feel fabulous? You know what else is fabulous? Yeah, custom drapery, you stallion. Oh yeah, ohhhh YESAHHHHHHHH". If any of our neighbors are lurking around and reading this, please forgive me but I am a hooch and I'll do whatever I have to do to get my new drapes installed without a fight. If tonight's activities offend you, please make sure to avoid looking toward our hot tub in February because that's when I'll be working on my navigation system and headrest DVD system for my 4runner.

4 comments:

K said...

Fidel needs to be reminded of the one and only rule of marriage/family life:

If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

And you could always act like he completely forgot!!! when you brought them up 6 months ago! He was all for it then. ;o)

Anonymous said...

I would have pulled the I told you card too!! LOL

But sex works too!! Men think they are in control, but really we control them with the penis remote control!! :)

Queen In My House of Blue said...

LMAO!!!!!

Stacy said...

Sounds like a plan!