Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Too Familiar with Spongebob


Tootie brings a folder full of schoolwork and art projects home every Friday afternoon. This past Friday she threw her bookbag on the bench in our foyer and it remained there until Sunday night when I grabbed it to see if I needed to send in anything with her on Monday morning. I started digging through her work and I found this picture of Spongebob on the back of a completed worksheet. The worksheet didn't have a name on it so I wasn't sure if it was her work but I was praying that it wasn't. Not because half of the numbers on the worksheet were written backwards, but because this particular interpretation of Spongebob gave him, in the words of my eloquent husband, a cock and balls. I was laughing my ass off at Fidel in between moments of being disturbed that my daughter had drawn an anatomically correct sea critter. Actually it's probably more accurately anatomically incorrect since I'm about positive that sponges don't have penises, but when your daughter is drawing penises you don't really quibble about the sexual organs of sponges.

When she got off of the bus Monday afternoon, I showed her the picture and asked her what was going on near his pants. She told me it was a flying worm, and sure enough if you look there's the ribbed area on what I assume is the neck part of the worm, an eye in the proper spot and little wings. It appears that she didn't intend to draw a penis on the sponge but she just chose an unfortunate location for a flying worm. Fidel and I feel free to laugh at this drawing now, so here you go if you want to see what Spongebob would look like with a droopy penis.

8 comments:

ErIn said...

OMG! That is friggin hilarious! Are you putting it up on your fridge? Please say you are!

Laurel said...

That is so funny, I can't stop laughing at her!!!

Katie said...

I literally have tears rolling down my cheeks from laughing so hard!!!

just a kat said...

OMG that was hysterical!!!! That's a keeper.....

Anonymous said...

This cracked me up so bad.......

Loved it....... I'm quite certain this will be a keeper for her to see later.

Anonymous said...

That is scrapbook material. Don't even loose it!! ROTGLMFAO!

Anonymous said...

I now have tears on my cheeks and a fine mist of chardonnay on my keyboard, where I sprayed it laughing at this post. Thanks a lot.

Stacy said...

I hope you will frame that. That is a piece of art to never be forgotten. I'm LOL right now so hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!