Sunday, October 7, 2007

Holy Mayonnaise!!


I was really not wanting to pour more chemicals on Tootie's head, and since I hadn't tried the mayo treatment for lice I decided to just do it. I slathered her head with half a tub of Kraft Real Mayonnaise and tied a Wal-Mart bag around it for an hour and laid her up on the kitchen counter to rinse and comb. I had a little bowl thing to rinse my lice combs in and you would not freaking believe the bugs I got out of her head. I was to the point of tears last night because she was scratching, I was finding nits but I could never find any bugs and I was seriously positive that I had covered every millimeter of her head. I was pulling out dead brown bugs the size of this letter I, and bigger. With all of the chemical treatments I never saw a bug. With flipping mayonnaise I probably pulled 40-50 lice out of her head.

Now I'm off to burn up my laundry machines and vacuum. I must add that Fidel was, for once in this whole GD nightmare, a HUGE help. He manned a comb and he's about to get busy with the vacuum. I don't know if I should reward him with sex or give him the night off since I've been mauling him here lately.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My 14 year old son, who has the new type of long hair..... came home with "friends" from Boy Scout camp this summer....... Needless to say I freaked the Hell out! I've never seen them before and totally went nuts. Did the Rid thing and vacumed and so forth.

I do want to give you some advice as my poor niece Marla had so many problem with lice and had long hair.

1. Use Denorex or another medicated shampoo daily.
2. Blow dry her hair every single day for a week or so. She had to start blow drying her hair.... I guess the heat slowed them down.

Good luck...... this sucks! I feel your pain!