Sunday, October 28, 2007

Carving With Crackheads

Today was my friend CVO's annual pumpkin carving party. Fidel even graced us with his presence for the first time this year. Yesterday, we went to our neighborhood Halloween party and after that we went to the pumpkin patch and took a pony ride, played with bunnies, chicks and baby hamsters (yeah I don't get that combination either but that's what we did). We picked our pumpkin, came home and fought, then this afternoon we did our pumpkin carving and pinata whacking. One of CVO's friends is a very nice lady, with a husband who is addicted to prescription painkillers. I just steer clear of him but today he earned the nickname of Crackhead. He was stoned out of his gourd and cut the top off of our pumpkin when I walked away. Then he was stealing my knives and tools that I brought from home to use. I thought about stabbing him but I figured that may not be appropriate for a family pumpkin carving party on a Sunday afternoon. Obviously his last $10,000 detox didn't take. Thankfully he got occupied with scraping out his pumpkin. That must be a difficult task when you are trashed because he took forever. I saw his pumpkin after he finished carving it and it actually looked good, go figure. He carved a cat and a moon. I carved "Touch my fucking pumpkin next year and I'm spilling your guts" and made sure he saw it. I really made a cat face that Tootie requested. It turned out pretty good but I hate lifting the lid off because I like my holes wider and this one is really narrow, thanks to Crackhead. The girls like it so all's well with the pumpkin.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Looks great! I have no pumpkin carving skills. I leave all of that up to the old man!