Thursday, October 4, 2007

Never, EVER

Never go to Gymboree the first day Gymbucks are being redeemed. I spent an HOUR in line. Moggie was hiding in the clothes but she was quiet, unlike that kid Jake right behind us. Now you can't blame a kid for losing it in that mess because I was about to lose it, but let me tell you how happy I am that Fidel is sterile and barren. I think you lose the patience with the babies when you are done having them! Not only that, but I couldn't bear to get back into the whole equipment-needing stage of motherhood. I saw really big kids, looked like kindergarteners in strollers today. Don't get me wrong, I do miss the big old cargo area to hold all of my crap when I'm shopping but I think I'd get one of those nifty shopping trolley things before I hauled a stroller the size of a semi in and out of my car.

As always, I have no point here but I'm doing my time killing so that I don't start drinking the bottle of wine I just opened to make spaghetti sauce. I don't drink before 5 except for Fridays between Memorial Day and Labor Day, or if I'm on vacation. It's just not ladylike and I'm all lady. I've actually been having fun in the kitchen, chopping garlic and onion for my sauce. We are having baked spaghetti with ground beef and italian sausage. I put down a layer of ricotta cheese and parsley, then the cooked pasta, then top with sauce and top that with mozzarella and parmesan. Bake until the cheese is melted and there you go. It's really good and simple.

I got to watch a little Comedy Central today while Moggie was napping and Mad TV was on. There was a guy telling how his wife wanted a watch but he just put a clock over the stove. That really seems like something Fidel would say because he loves to tell me to get my bitch-ass in the kitchen if he talks to me in the afternoon. He's sweet like that.

1 comment:

Northern Michigan Mom said...

Just wanted to stop in to say I LOVE your blog. You crack me up!! I'm also counting down until 5:00, can't wait to whip up some Hawaiian Harlos!!